Wishing you and your family a fabulous long weekend! I’m so excited to share this tasty burger recipe. These burgers are super flavorful with green onion, sesame and tamari. Paired with a grilled pepper?! Mmmm! Top that off with spicy avocado spread and a slice of pear, and you will be in burger heaven. The best part? You can eat them with your hands. Just have a napkin on hand because they are juicy!
- Higher welfare ground pork (or you could use ground turkey or chicken) – I recommend TK Ranch, Sunworks, or Serben’s Organic Farm
- 1/2 a bunch of organic green onions, chopped
- 2 TBSP organic sesame oil
- 1 tsp gluten free, low sodium tamari
- Pepper to taste
- 4-6 organic red peppers
- 1 ripe organic avocado
- 1/2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 ripe organic pear, sliced
- Combine all the burger ingredients in a bowl, mixing thoroughly. Shape into patties and place them on a plate. Heat up your grill or BBQ to medium.
- While the grill is heating, wash and cut the tops off of the red peppers. Slice each pepper in half. Flesh side up, score the pepper every couple of centimeters to enable it to flatten. Be careful not to cut through the skin.
- Put the burgers and the peppers on the grill. Grill or BBQ until cooked. The peppers should be juicy.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop one half into a bowl. Add the red curry paste and combine with a fork to make the Spicy Avocado Spread. Slice the other half to use as a burger topping.
- Spread spicy avocado spread on one half of the red pepper. Place a burger on the pepper and top with a couple slices of avocado and a slice of pear. Close the deal with the other pepper half.