Happy beginning to the long weekend! I’ve cooked up a delicious meal for you to try this weekend. I love the flavors in this supper! SO GOOD! This is a meal that could easily be grilled on the BBQ though I made it inside this week. Just make the meatballs into burger patties instead. It is quick to put together and satisfyingly delicious.
Sesame Ginger Meatballs
- 1 pound of organic ground pork
- 1 cup organic green onions, sliced
- 2 TBSP roasted organic sesame oil
- 2 TBSP organic Tamari
- 1 TBSP freshly grated organic ginger root
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Grilled Miso Eggplant & Baby Bok Choy
- 1 bag of organic baby bok choy (about 20)
- 1 or 2 medium sized organic eggplants
- 2 TBSP organic chick pea miso (I found this at Earth’s General Store – you can use soy-based miso if you prefer)
- 1/2 TBSP white wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP organic olive or avocado oil
- In a bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients until thoroughly mixed. You can also prepare this a few hours ahead of time to let the flavors marinade. Form meatballs or burger patties using your hands. This will make 8 burger patties or about 24 meatballs. Heat up your cooking surface to medium and cook the meatballs or burgers, flipping to achieve a nice brown on each side. Make sure to leave space in between the meatballs to cook them evenly.
- While the meat balls or patties are cooking, wash the eggplant and baby bok choy and spin the bok choy to dry. In a small bowl, combine the miso, white wine vinegar and oil until smooth. Slice the eggplant open lengthwise. Score the eggplant flesh both ways diagonally.
- Place the baby bok choy evenly on a grilling surface and lightly brush with miso. Grill until cooked on both sides. At the same time, grill the eggplant in a pan, skin side down for 3-4 minutes. Flip and grill 3-4 more minutes, covering pan with a lid. Place the baby bok choy and eggplant on a serving dish, and brush the eggplant scores generously with miso mixture.
Enjoy and happy long weekend!