Grilling season is one of my favorite food seasons. There’s nothing like food on the BBQ to make it feel like summer. I’m not one of those year round BBQ people, so when the time comes to fire up the barbie, I’m pretty fired
up myself. Last week I was reminded how amazing kebabs are when friends had us over for a delicious meal. Inspired, I decided that this week, kebabs would be our Foodie Friday feature. Don’t tell yourself that kebabs are SO much work. Really, they are not. I had these ready for the grill in less than 15 minutes.
I assembled these easy vegetable kebabs with red onion, green, orange and red bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes. They were amazing with steak! I love the vibrant colors! Such a beautiful contribution to a meal. The Avocado Cilantro Lime Dip is delicious and zippy! It takes the flavor to a whole new level. I do also enjoy kebabs with meat on them. Your choice to forgo or include a protein on the kebabs themselves.
- 5 organic bell peppers of various colors
- 1 small clamshell of organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic red onion
- Montreal Steak Spice or sea salt, pepper, basil and oregano
Avocado Lime Cilantro Dip Ingredients:
- 2 organic avocados
- 2 freshly squeezed organic limes
- 1 cup of organic cilantro
- 1 clove of organic garlic (optional)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (adjust amount to your heat preference)
- 4 TBSP almond milk (feel free to substitute Greek yoghurt)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Soak 10 wooden skewers in a baking tray filled with water for at least 30 minutes so they do not burn on the BBQ.
- Wash and cut the vegetables into larger pieces. Assemble your kebabs, skewering by alternating colors and vegetables. You want them to look beautiful! Generously season with Montreal Steak Spice or sea salt and pepper, oregano and basil.
- Light your BBQ and turn to medium to heat up. Place all of the ingredients for the Avocado Cilantro Lime Dip in a food processor and blend until creamy. Adjust the salt, pepper and jalapeno to your taste.
- BBQ on medium heat 10-15 minutes, rotating to grill evenly.
- Serve hot with delicious Avocado Cilantro Lime Dip.
Serves 5 as a side.
Enjoy the weekend!