I LOVE this Massaged Kale Salad, creamy with avocado and lemony goodness. It is one that I always anticipate making and eating because it is so flavorful and delicious! If you want to make it a full meal, top it with roasted chicken, roasted vegetables, pepitas, or all of the above.
Kale is chock full of nutrients and antioxidants, it is a great source of fiber, and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent in your body. Pairing kale with a healthy fat such as avocado allows you to get the most nutrients out of your food. The addition of vitamin C from lemon also helps you absorb more iron from your kale. Win-win-win.
Well, enough of my nutrition facts, let’s make this salad!
- One bunch of organic kale
- 1 1/2 organic avocados
- 2 TBSP organic onion, finely chopped
- 1 organic tomato or organic red pepper
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- 2 TBSP organic olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- First, remove the stems from the kale. Grasping the kale stem, pull in an upward motion toward the outside of the leaf. The stem should easily separate from the leaf. Then stack the leaves, roll them up and chiffonade by thinly slicing into ribbons. Place the kale in a large bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 avocados, the onion, lemon juice, oil, sea salt and cayenne. Using your hands, massage the kale with the other ingredients until the avocado is creamy.
- Add the chopped tomato or pepper and toss lightly.
Serve immediately and enjoy!