Have you tasted the wonders created by a vegetable spiralizer? I am loving cucumber spirals with lemon in water, spiralized beets in salad and zucchini “spaghetti”. I don’t like spaghetti pasta noodles, but find fresh zucchini noodles to be an absolute delight! Here’s a healthy and delicious meal of Zucchini “Spaghetti” with Meatballs and Sautéed Peppers that is full of flavor. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 small-medium organic zucchinis
- 2 organic peppers
- 1 jar of pasta sauce, or make a homemade sauce (I used Spicy Red Pepper Tomato Sauce)
- 1 package organic, grass-fed bison or beef
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 tsp organic minced dried onion
- 1/2 organic pepper, minced
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Organic olive oil
- Let’s start with the meatballs. In a bowl, add the minced onion, minced pepper and your choice of meat, and season with sea salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined. Heat a cast iron pan to medium with 1 TBSP of olive oil. Make meatballs with your hands, and place in the pan to cook. Make sure to leave space in between so they cook evenly. You may have to do this in 2 batches. Continue to flip every few minutes to evenly brown on all sides, and cook through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, wash your zucchinis and slice off the stem. Make sure your spiralizer has the spaghetti blade in place. Center the zucchini on the spiralizer, and turn out noodles, gathering them into a bowl. Repeat with the second zucchini. No need to peel – I love the threads of green which are eye catching in the dish.
- Add the sauce to the meatballs in the cast iron pan to create a rich sauce that incorporates all the browned yummy bits in the pan. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice up and sauté peppers to go on top. Once the peppers are ready, place them in a serving dish and throw your zucchini noodles into the pan with a little olive oil to heat up for 2-3 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!