This is a family favorite for sure, and almost impossible to keep in the house for very long. We eat it for breakfast sometimes but more often as a snack.
I have tried quite a few grain free granolas but this one is my favorite. It is super simple to make, and you can easily add, subtract or modify ingredients to your liking.
I got this from Paleo mom (http://www.thepaleomom.com). I usually triple this recipe but I don’t triple the nutmeg. I find the flavor almost overpowers the granola.
At times I have left out the vanilla. Usually by accident but I liked it just as well. I usually slice a bit of a banana in mine and have it with coconut milk.
- 2 cups Sliced Almonds
- 2 cups Unsweetend Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Raw Pepitas (Shelled Pumpkin Seeds)
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix coconut, nuts and seeds in a big bowl. Add cinnamon and nutmeg and stir to coat.
- Melt coconut oil and honey on low heat on the cooktop. Add vanilla.
- Pour coconut oil mixture over nuts and seeds. Stir to coat. Pour out onto prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely in pan (for larger chunks), then pour into a plastic container or bag for storage. Extra tasty served with berries and milk alternative of your choice!