I’ve had warm artichoke dip on the mind lately. It is a definite no-go for people like me with dairy and egg allergies, but I know how good it is! When I tasted the dressing I was prepping for a vegan Caesar salad, made creamy with almonds, and with a zing of lemon and bite of garlic, it instantly seemed like a delicious component of artichoke dip. This week I had some time to build on my inspiration and am really happy with the results. I think this Vegan Baked Artichoke Dip is a great go-to appetizer for the fall and upcoming holiday season. My husband and I devoured it with dinner. I’m curious to hear what you think!
- 1/2 c organic almonds (If raw, soak for 12 hours covered in water and then drain. If not, use as is.) I think cashews would be delicious too.
- 3 organic garlic cloves (feel free to adjust to your preference)
- 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1/4 c organic olive oil
- 1/4 c filtered water
- 4 tsp organic lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic black pepper
- 2 TBSP finely chopped onion
- 1 1/4 c diced artichoke hearts
- Preheat the oven to 400 and lightly spray a cooking vessel with olive oil.
- Place all the ingredients except the onion and artichoke hearts in a high speed blender, and process until smooth. Taste and add more salt, pepper and garlic to your preference.
- Drain and dice the artichoke hearts, and finely chop the onion. Pour the mixture from the blender into a bowl with the artichoke hearts and onion and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking dish. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until bubbling and browning on the edges.
Serve and enjoy!