You’ve decided to visit a chiropractor, but you’re not quite sure what to expect on your first visit.The following page describes what happens in our office on the first chiropractic appointment. During the first visit to our office, we will complete the following:
- Examination (if you decide that you would like our help)
- Diagnostic studies (if indicated by examination)
During your initial visit, you will sit down with the Chiropractor, and discuss the reason for your visit. This is a time where you and the Chiropractor will have an open discussion, so that he can attempt to get a better understanding of your condition. Topics usually include:
- When did your pain / condition start?
- Where is the pain located?
- What do you think is the cause of your symptoms?
- How is your condition affecting your life?
- Is there anything that improves or worsens your condition?
- What treatments have you already tried, and how successful were they?
The next step will only take place if you decide that you want our help after the initial consultation. The Chiropractic examination will need to be performed to evaluate your condition and further develop a working diagnosis. In addition to general physical examination procedures such as blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and temperature, the examination may include specific orthopedic and neurological tests to assess:
- Range of motion of the affected area that is observed while you walk, turn, bend, or lift
- Muscle tone
- Muscle strength
- Neurological integrity
Diagnostic studies help diagnose conditions more accurately. The most common used by chiropractors include:
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), CT, or bone scan
It may be helpful to bring with you any copies of previous tests (for example, MRI or X-ray reports), lab results, and a list of any medications you are taking, including over-the-counter medications, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbs, teas, and homeopathic and / or naturopathic substances.
The combination of the history, examination, and diagnostic studies (if necessary) will help us to determine the cause of your condition. We will then be able to determine if Chiropractic care can correct the cause of your condition.
If we determine that your condition would be more appropriately treated by another health care professional, we will make the proper referral. Your treatment plan may also involve collaborative care with other health care providers, such as your primary care physician, a physical therapist, or a neurologist.
If, after your history, exam, and any necessary diagnostic studies, you decide that you want us to help, then the Chiropractor will put together a plan to correct the cause of your condition.
The costs associated with all of our services are listed below:
- Initial Chiropractic Initial Visit: $150
- Active Release/Injury Chiropractic Visit: $65
- Chiropractic Adjustment Visit: $50
- Custom Orthotics: $450
- One Hour Massage: $100
- Acupuncture Initial Visit: $120
- Acupuncture Visit: $105
- Naturopath Initial Visit: $190