Beet and Chèvre Salad with Summer Greens
I’m loving this Beet and Chèvre salad with Summer Greens. For lunch, for supper … it is so flavourful and fresh! I think I have made it three times in the last week. For extra protein, I add a boiled egg for each person to make this a satisfying lunch that keeps our family going all afternoon. Hope you enjoy it!
- 4-5 small-medium organic beets
- 1 salad bowl full of organic summer greens (baby lettuce blend, baby kale or spinach)
- Crumbled goat chèvre
- 2 TBSP + 1 tsp organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP organic olive oil
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Slice the ends and tops of the beets and cut them into six wedges. Place in a small pot and steam or boil until cooked. Strain and set aside to cool.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients and emulsify.
- Place the summer greens in a salad dish, add the beets, toss with the vinaigrette and crumble the chèvre on top.