Foodie Friday – Best Pulled Pork!
Who doesn’t love tender, slow-cooked, shredded pulled pork in a delicious sauce?! This is a fantastic recipe from 100 Days of Real Food. I have made it with pork from TK Ranch as well as with venison combined with pork, and both came out great. I would love to hear if you try this with chicken, beef or bison. I think you will love this recipe. It’s easy to make with a houseful of company and is a major crowd pleaser. Serve this on buns, oven roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower rice or potatoes topped with coleslaw and a big tossed salad to go with.
- 3 TBSP paprika
- 1/2 TBSP sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed organic garlic or dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 3 TBSP organic olive oil
- 1 or 2 organic onions, peeled and sliced into rings (I love lots of onions so use 2)
- 3 -3.5 lbs. higher welfare, organic meat
- Combine all the spices in a medium bowl and then add the honey, vinegar and olive oil and stir to make a thick sauce.
- Line the bottom of the crock pot with sliced onion and top it with the pieces of meat. Pour the sauce over top of the meat, coating it entirely. It’s fine to drip down to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Slow cook on low for 7-8 hours until the meat is tender and easily pulls apart. Shred and serve.