Foodie Friday – Cranberry Lemon Scones
These Cranberry Lemon Scones are a delicious gluten free brunch item. A spin off of Rainy Day Biscuits, I love the rich flavor of almond flour with a slight honey sweetness that comes through with the punch of cranberries and zest of lemon. Mmmm. Warm and delicious comfort food. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 2.5 c almond flour
- 3/4 c arrowroot flour
- 1/3 c fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- Zest of one organic lemon
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP of chia seeds soaked in 6 TBSP of water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the chia seeds with water in a medium measuring cup to soak.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the coconut oil and cut in using a pastry cutter or two knives until all pieces are no larger than pea sized. Then add the cranberries.
- Add the honey to the chia seed and water mixture and mix in.
- Add the liquids to the bowl and gently combine only until all the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Drop the biscuits onto a baking stone in six to eight portions, and place them in the oven. Soon your home will be filled with delicious smells! Bake 15 minutes and then take a look. They should be golden brown and cooked through when ready.
10:30am - 5:00pm
10:00pm - 6:00pm
7:30am - 6:00pm
10:00am - 6:00pm
7:30am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 3:00pm