Foodie Friday – Creamy Spiced Coconut Squash Soup
You are in for a warm, cozy soup that will hug your insides. Coconut creamy and chock full of Red Kuri Squash, the satisfying medley of spices in this soup is mesmerizing. If you don’t have a Kuri squash, an acorn, butternut or other squash of your choice should substitute in with success! I have been making Creamy Spiced Coconut Squash Soup on a regular basis this last month and it freezes well and is wonderful for lunches. I find that this soup tastes even better on day two after all the spices have had time to release their full flavor into the soup. Produce on Parade was the inspiration behind this soup recipe. Hope you love it!
Ingredients to Start:
- 1 TBSP organic olive, avocado oil or coconut oil
- 2 medium organic onions, diced
- 3 minced organic garlic cloves
- 1 pinch organic crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 organic bay leaf
- 1 1/4 tsp organic ground cumin
- 1 tsp organic ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp organic ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp organic ground cardamom
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch of organic black pepper
- 1 medium to large sized organic Red Kuri squash, cubed
- 4.5-5 cups of organic vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk (check for a brand that contains no additives – just coconut and water – this is always the yummiest)
- 1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Add the first set of ingredients to a large soup pot, sautéing on medium low until the onion is translucent. Stir as needed. Your kitchen will fill with a delicious spicy aroma. Scoop out the insides of the red kuri squash and cut the squash into cubes.
- Add the broth and squash pieces to the soup pot and bring it to a boil, then turn it down to simmer the soup until the squash is fully cooked (about 20 minutes).
- Remove the soup from the stove. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until silky smooth.
- Add the coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, and cayenne stirring until combined on low heat.
10:30am - 5:00pm
10:00pm - 6:00pm
7:30am - 6:00pm
10:00am - 6:00pm
7:30am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 3:00pm