Foodie Friday – Fantastic Paleo Pizza Crust
Happy Friday! It’s almost the weekend. All is Bright is happening tomorrow on 124 Street from 3pm until late. If you are looking for some fun winter festivities, come on out!
This week I have found a delicious paleo pizza crust to share with you. I’ve tried a number of gluten-free and paleo pizza crusts – and I mean not just a few, a lot. Major effort has gone into this. This is the best I have found yet. Why do I love it so much? Because it has the chewy goodness of bread and a crust with a crunch. It’s like a rising crust pizza. This is legit. I think it would taste great dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar as well. Granted, it is not made out of vegetables, but those can be piled on top. The other fabulous aspect of this recipe is how quick it is! Thank you, thank you to HealthNut Nation for creating this recipe. I have altered it to make it egg free. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 c almond flour (Bulk Barn has both almond flour and arrowroot)
- 3/4 c arrowroot
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp organic dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp organic dried basil
- 1/2 tsp of organic garlic or onion granules
- 1/4 tsp organic red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp organic black pepper
- 2 TBSP chia seeds, plus 6 TBSP water for soaking (you can substitute 2 eggs in place of chia and water if you prefer)
- 1/3 c almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place a piece of parchment on a pizza stone or pan.
- In a small bowl or 1 cup measure, combine the chia, water and almond milk and let it soak while you gather the other ingredients.
- Measure all the dry ingredients and combine. Then add the liquids and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the batter on the parchment paper in a circular motion until 1/4 inch thick and round like a pizza should be (unless of course you prefer a shape of your own).
- Bake the crust for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your toppings, then add them to your crust after 10 minutes baking time and bake another few minutes to melt the cheese and make it bubbly.