Foodie Friday – Loaded Sushi Bowl
It’s the last Friday before Christmas! Have a wonderful weekend! Here is a light and fresh Loaded Sushi Bowl to keep you energized and full of veggies during the Christmas season. This is an easy meal to prep, especially if you have a food processor. Feel free to add your own twist!
- 1 medium organic beet
- 2 medium organic carrots
- 2 organic avocados
- 1/2 organic cucumber
- 1 organic green onion
- 4 sheets of Nori
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa or 2 cups of Roasted Cauliflower Rice
- Organic toasted sesame oil
- Organic rice wine vinegar
- Gluten Free Tamari or Coconut Sauce (Aminos)
- Cook the quinoa or Roasted Cauliflower Rice. Then remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- When the quinoa or cauliflower rice is underway, wash the beets, carrots and cucumber and grate each one separately, using a food processor. I rinse the food processor in between each vegetable so the colors remain crisp. However, if you are in a rush feel free to create a mix in the food processor. The cucumber will give off water – drain this off. Place each vegetable in a separate serving bowl.
- Slice the green onion and avocado and place in serving dishes.
- Two at a time, fold the Nori in half and cut into strips with scissors.
- Assemble your sushi bowl to your pleasure. Then sauce it! I love a drizzle of sesame oil and rice vinegar over the dish. On the side, I mix together my wasabi and Tamari or Coconut Aminos and then pour it on top.
Enjoy! Serves 2.