Foodie Friday – Loaded Sweet Potato
Caramelized sweet potato, piled with a mix of fresh and hot toppings smothered in a tangy, flavorful dressing. It’s warm, it’s delicious and it’s filling. A new favorite go-to! I adapted it from Kara Lydon’s incredible Vegan Loaded Sweet Potato with Green Goddess Dressing. I made enough to take it for lunch the next day and had a smile on my face as I cut into it! I think you will love it!
- 1-5 medium organic sweet potatoes (enough to serve each person)
- 1 large organic tomato
- 1 organic avocado
- 3 organic green onions
- 1 can organic chick peas or beans to suit your preference
- 4 c organic greens (kale, beet greens, and spinach mix is my favorite)
- 1 TBSP organic olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 1/2 organic avocados
- 5 TBSP organic olive or avocado oil
- 6 TBSP water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 c organic basil
- 1/4 c organic parsley
- 1/2 c green onion, greens only
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 small lemons, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Wash the sweet potatoes, prick them all over with a fork, and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prepare the salad dressing by placing all the dressing ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor. Blend or process until smooth. Adjust the salt, lemon and apple cider vinegar to your preference. Refrigerate until needed.
- Wash and chop the tomato, avocado and green onion. Set aside for topping the sweet potatoes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the greens, and saute until wilted. Add the chickpeas and heat until warmed. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Slice the baked sweet potatoes lengthwise and fill them generously with sauteed greens and chickpeas. Sprinkle on fresh chopped veggies and add a few generous dollops of dressing.
Enjoy while it’s hot!