Foodie Friday – Roasted Caulifower Rice
Cauliflower rice is an easy and delicious switch to a vegetable instead of grain. I was initially very skeptical at how good this would taste, both texture and flavor-wise, but was pleasantly surprised. It’s a delicious bed of rice beneath a saucy meal. The teenagers in our house gave it the stamp of approval this week!
- 1 organic cauliflower
- 1 TBSP organic olive oil or organic coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the cauliflower, remove leaves. Roughly chop the cauliflower stem into 1 inch chunks and break apart florets, placing them evenly in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can chop the cauliflower or use a cheese grater.
- Pulse, chop or grate until the cauliflower is the size of rice grains.
- Spread the cauliflower out on the parchment-lined baking sheet, and toss with the olive oil or melted coconut oil. Season with sea salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until just browned.
Nicely browned and ready to serve.
Enjoy this tasty rice under a favorite dish!