Foodie Friday – Summery Citrus Salad
This Summery Citrus Salad is delicious! It has a creamy lemon pepper dressing that refreshes your tastebuds. I love the mingling flavours and textures of the lettuce, fresh grapefruit and nuts. This is very easy to make and presents beautifully. Hope you enjoy. Inspired by Julie Cove from her book Eat Better Live Better Feel Better.
- 1 head of organic romaine lettuce
- 1 grapefruit
- 1/3 c of toasted walnut pieces (pepitas or pecans would also be delicious)
Creamy Lemon Pepper Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 c zucchini, diced
- juice and zest of one organic lemon
- 1/3 c almonds, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 1 clove of organic garlic
- 1/3 c avocado or organic olive oil
- 2 TBSP water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Chop or shred the lettuce, then wash and spin it until dry. Place in a salad bowl.
- Peel the grapefruit. Slice it into bite-sized pieces, leaving a few whole for garnish.
- Toast the walnuts in a pan, and let them cool while you make the dressing.
- Put all the ingredients for the Creamy Lemon Pepper Dressing in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth. You may need to add a little extra water to give it a pourable consistency.
- Toss with the greens, add the grapefruit and toasted walnuts and enjoy!