Foodie Friday – Killer Tuna Salad Wraps
Have you tried collard greens? I’d heard they make great wraps, but had a hard time finding them UNTIL I stumbled upon these bad boys at Earth’s General Store. I scooped them up and drove home to find a fabulous recipe with which to fill my prized greens.
Here goes! I love these Killer Tuna Salad Wraps because they pack in lots of vegetables and are healthy, delicious and filling! This has become a favorite go-to lunch for me, especially when I have a morning where I forget to eat lunch while engrossed in a project. Suddenly it is 3pm and I am so hungry that I am rummaging through our house ANYTHING to quell the hungry beast. For this recipe, I can put the bag of emergency raisins down and wait five minutes for satisfying relief. Those raisins are just a tease anyways. If making a homemade dressing to go in this recipe is daunting, try it with your usual favs that you mix into tuna salad. You will still enjoy the delicious flavors of all those veggies.
- Organic collard greens
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 stick of organic celery
- 1 small to medium sized organic dill pickle
- 1/2 organic shallot or 1 organic green onion
- A couple teaspoons of this Cesar salad dressing (this is the same base recipe I used for Vegan Baked Artichoke Dip – whip up a batch and you can enjoy dip or a Cesar salad later on):
- 1/2 c organic almonds
- 3 organic garlic cloves (feel free to adjust to your preference)
- 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1/4 c organic olive oil
- 1/4 c filtered water
- 4 tsp organic lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic black pepper
- Using a food processor grating blade, grate the carrot, celery, dill pickle and shallot (slice the green onion if that is what you are using).
- In a blender, combine all the Cesar salad dressing ingredients on high speed until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, vegetables and a couple of teaspoons of Cesar salad dressing.
- Place a couple of generous scoops of tuna salad in the center of each collard green, wrap and dig in!
- Enjoy. This makes enough for 2 people having a couple of wraps each.